BC Safety Authority is an independent, self-funded organization mandated to oversee the safe installation and operation of technical systems and equipment. In addition to issuing permits, licences and certificates, we work with industry to reduce safety risks through assessment, education and outreach, enforcement, and research.
We oversee safety in the following technologies:
- Electrical equipment and systems
- Boilers, pressure vessels and refrigeration systems
- Natural gas and propane appliances and systems, including hydrogen
- Elevating devices, such as elevators and escalators
- Railways, including commuter rail
- Passenger ropeways, such as aerial trams and ski lifts
- Amusement devices
- Complex and integrated technical systems involving several technologies
Our Vision: Safe Technical Systems. Everywhere.