Protect your Space – Leave it outside
In certain weather it can be temping to cook, bring heaters or portable generators into enclosed or partially enclosed camping spaces like tents, cars, campers or RVs.
However, camping equipment like heaters, stoves, barbeques and kerosene lamps are meant to be used outside because they emit deadly Carbon Monoxide [CO] Gas and require ventilation.
CO is a colourless, odorless and tasteless gas that blocks your body’s ability to absorb oxygen. It is produced when a fuel such as gas, oil, kerosene, natural gas, wood or propane burns incompletely.
When outside appliances like barbeques or stoves are brought into enclosed spaces, CO can get trapped and create a toxic and potentially lethal environment.
DO NOT bring any camping appliance into an enclosed space. Leave them outside.
- Camping stoves
- Kerosene lamps
- Portable generators
Immediately seek medical attention if anyone shows symptoms of CO poisoning:
nausea/flu like symptoms
lack of physical coordination
Learn more about Propane/RV Safety.
Learn more about Carbon Monoxide.