The Elevating Devices Certification Program is scheduled to launch July 1, 2013. The program has been developed in collaboration with the elevating devices industry. The goal of this program is to establish consistent certification standards in order to improve safety throughout the industry.
BCSA will be transitioning the BC elevating industry into the program over a 1 year period July 1, 2013 to June 30, 2014.
View the EDMC update Power Point Presentation from the May 2nd, 2013 Contractor Meeting that includes the transition period timeline.
As of July 1, 2014, all individuals working as mechanics in the elevating industry must be certified mechanics or registered as Mechanics in Training.
The application and exam processes will take place in phases and will based on the 5 different pathways for application available during the transition period:
- Granted – Certified or Licensed in another Canadian Jurisdiction
|July 1, 2013||Applications for Grandparenting, Challenge and Granted Pathways Open|
|October 1, 2013||Applications close for the Grandparenting Pathway|
|December 31, 2013||Applications close for the Challenge and Granted Pathways|
|January 1, 2014||Mechanic-in-Training applications open and exams begin|
|June 30, 2014||Transition Period ends|
To ensure a smooth transition period into the Elevating Devices Certification Program we are asking all industry contractors to select a Trainer person (or two) to act as a liaison for the program with BCSA.
This person will be responsible for:
- Attending the 3 Train-the-Trainer sessions during the Transition Year
- Training their employees on the EDMC program, the application process, the skills passport and continuing education.
- Compiling and Submitting applications for all employees
- Mentoring employees
The First Train-the-Trainer Session will take place at the following times:
- Lower Mainland dates (Class A only)= May 27th, 28th, or 29th
- Lower Mainland (Class C/H) = May 31st
- Victoria dates (Class A/H) = June 4th
- Kelowna dates (Class A/H) = June 6th
RSVP to the Train-the-Trainer session you prefer to: email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE – all Trainers must complete and submit their Applicant Tracking Spreadsheet by June 7th, 2013.
Submit the spreadsheet to: firstname.lastname@example.org
View the Applicant Tracking Spreadsheet.