BC Safety Authority safety officers are ready to provide safety services in technologies that require their expertise and knowledge. If you don’t know the safety officer assigned to a specific technology in your area, or cannot reach the safety officer, please call the nearest BCSA office.
Our BCSA office staff can assist by identifying and contacting the safety officer best suited to your needs.
BCSA Safety Officers are assigned to cover the following technologies:
- Amusement rides
- Boilers, pressure vessels and refrigeration systems
- Electrical equipment and systems
- Elevating devices, such as elevators and escalators
- Natural gas or propane appliances and systems, including hydrogen
- Passenger ropeways such as aerial trams and ski lifts, and
- Railways, including rapid transit
The British Columbia Safety Authority keeps people safe by mandating the safe installation and use of technical equipment. As the province’s delegated authority, BCSA administers safety standards and enforces compliance. It also issues permits and licences, educates, and conducts onsite inspections in high-risk situations.
Sign up to receive an email alert when BC Safety Authority news is released. Go to http://www.safetyauthority.ca/user/register.