Register a design before getting your installation permit.
Before installing a fixed or traveling amusement device, you’ll need to get the design specifications of the device registered. Once registered, we will mail an installation permit.
To get the design registered, you must be a licensed amusement device contractor and you must hire the services of a professional, BC-licensed engineer to validate conformance. Inflatable amusement devices do not require the services of a professional engineer.
When you have the design specifications of your device:
- Complete the Amusement Device Drawings and Specifications Form 1279.
- Get a professional engineer to add their seal to the form and indicate, in the specifications section on the form, conformance with CAN/CSA Z267-00.
- If your amusement device is a permanent installation, please get proof of ownership or permission to use the land where it’ll be installed (e.g. crown land lease, land title documents).
- Be prepared to provide technical documentation drawings, calculations and manuals that also have the professional engineer’s seal. Contact the Safety Officer assigned to your project for more advice on how to submit these documents.
- To submit your completed design registration, contact the Client Service Representative at 778-396-2026 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once registered, you will be issued an installation permit and an invoice. Please be prepared to pay the appropriate installation permit fee by credit card or by cheque, payable to BC Safety Authority.
When your amusement device installation is complete, you must request an acceptance inspection from your assigned Safety Officer. The Safety Officer may also request that you provide an acceptance test procedure. We will send you the details of our request ahead of time.